UK Jobs Online
£18500 – £21000/annum
Pay £18, 500 – £21,000 per annum
Permanent Waking Nights – Average 40 Hours per week, 4 on 4 off. Shift start at 2230hour and finishes at 0730 hours. A 9 hour shift.
THERAPEUTIC CARE WORKERS – Cambridgeshire, near Huntingdon
We have an opportunity for someone to join our Clients team as a permanent waking night staff.
Working Girls 8 – 18 years of age who have experienced childhood trauma and who may be vulnerable to CSE along with other complex needs.
We provide therapeutic placement so training includes our therapeutic approach PACE and quality supervision. Even for night staff.
There is a Senior Therapeutic Care Worker on every shift. This also includes Waking Night, So you will be well led, supervised and looked after.
We believe that by training, leading & supporting the staff team effectively the best opportunity can be given for the restoration of the traumatised lives of the children and young people who are resident with us.
We expect you:
* To have a passion and active interest in being involved in restoring traumatised lives of children and young people
* To remain calm and positive when under pressure and in the face of conflict and challenge
* To be a positive and encouraging member of a staff team that works together to meet the needs of children and young people
* To actively learn and take a personal interest in the training provided to you ensuring that you take responsibility for staying up to date
* To positively engage in supervision, team meetings and reflective practice in and outside the shift pattern to stay resilient, refreshed and competent in your role
* To take safeguarding children and young people seriously, identify concerns and report them effectively
* To take a lead in bringing your interests, hobbies and passions in life to the culture of our service.
* To possess a full driving licence
* To be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* To fulfil all aspects of your role in line with our policies and procedures positively and with a ‘can do’ attitude.
You can expect us to:
* Provide competitive salary terms and conditions
* Provide effective training from induction through to QCF with expert in house support and training partners
* Provide excellent leadership, support and supervision
* Listen to your needs and concerns and take an interest in your personal development
Have some experience in working with children/young people
NVQ Qualified (Minimum Level 2) in a social care related subject and/or 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English
Full driving licence
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates offered employment will be subject to compulsory screening checks; this will include employment references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Candidates must also be 21yrs for compliance with OFSTED regulations.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract