UK Jobs Online
£44632 – £47534/annum
Job Title: Team Manager
Salary: £44,632 – £47,534 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 17th December (Midnight)
The Council is recruiting a very special person to the Children in Care Team Manager role to expand on and drive forward our service area for care experienced young people.
You will be pivotal in providing a service that is led by the views of children in care and is flexible in meeting their needs during this time within their lives.
This is an opportunity to use your outstanding management skills to build on a service and be creative in making improvements that will directly impact our children in care and lead to them receiving an outstanding service.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
As a team manager we would support you in leading and motivating your team to reach this standard, ensuring communication across all parties in order to implement the statutory duties and responsibilities, by offering leadership training opportunities.
Key management tasks will include:
* To enable the Councils vision and priorities to be delivered both internally and externally
* To develop and manage performance of cross functional teams
* To understand and manage budgets and resources to ensure effective use of public funds
* To identify significant issues and solutions to the Service Delivery Manager
* To translate policies into practice
* To analyse overall service performance and develop improvement plans
You will have a passion for supporting children in care and high aspirations for their future.
Post graduate qualification in a related area or evidence which can demonstrate skills, knowledge and ability comparable to this level of educational achievement.
* Social Worker (HCPC registered)
* BIA, AMHP or Practice Educator Award or working towards one of these qualifications or post graduate qualification in a related area or evidence which can demonstrate skills, knowledge and ability comparable to this level of educational achievement
* Evidence of commitment to continued professional and personal practice development as set out by the HCPC
* Evidence of commitment to continued professional, managerial and personal development
* Postgraduate/management qualifications or equivalent
* Experience of managing and developing teams, including dealing with difficult people management issues
* Extensive social work practice experience and applying legal literacy to social work practice
* Extensive social work practice working with individuals and families in complex and potentially high risk situations
* Experience of managing budgets and ensuring effective use of resources
* Experience of delivering cost effective services and minimising waste
* Identifying and reporting significant issues and solutions to management
* Analysing service performance and developing improvement plans
* Working in a political and partnership environment
A 'Golden Hello' of up to £3000 will also be offered to applicants joining Telford and Wrekin Council as a new employee.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Childcare Assistant, Childcare Worker, Nursery Manager, Early Years Childcare Manager, Playworker, Social Care Manager, Care Manager, Healthcare Manager, Healthcare Team Leader, Care Management, Care Team Leader, Team Manager, Support Coordinator, Support Supervisor, Care Support Manager, Care Supervisor, Deputy Home Manager, Care Coordinator, Deputy Home Leader, Regional Care Home Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, Healthcare Coordinator, Support Worker, Carer, Care Support Supervisor, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Autism Support may also be considered for this role