UK Jobs Online
£9 – £10.50/hour
Outcomes Focused Support Services has a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker for a Semi-Independent Service supporting Young People who may present with complex and or challenging behaviour.
Our homes are based in Reading – Berkshire.
Successful candidates will need to live relatively close, have a proven track record of working with this client group and be subject to satisfactory DBS checks.
Shift patterns are 7.30am until 2.30pm, 2.30pm until 10.00pm and Nights 10.00pm until 7.30am (paid at an hourly rate), including 1:1 hours during the day. Flexibility is a must with weekends and bank holidays included in the working shift pattern. We also have shorter day time shifts to provide valuable one to one support for the young people which may suit individuals looking for a relief contract.
There is genuine room for progression for the right candidate including extensive training, the opportunity to undertake a diploma and as we are a growing business there will be opportunities for promotion.
Interviews will be held locally.
Your role as an Support Worker is to provide support to young people in preparation for independent living and this will be done in a semi-independent home where there will be 24-hour staffing working with young people on life skills including;
* Budgeting skills
* Shopping skills
* Job application and interview skills
* Promotion of self-hygiene and self-respect
* Opportunities to develop independence and self-reliance
* Emotional support and confidence building
You must be flexible and able to work varying shifts including sleep ins as required and be available at short notice to work within the service. This role will involve lone working and experience of this type of work is desirable but not essential as having the right personality and passion for helping others will take precedence.
Support Worker Responsibilities
* To provide support when and where it is needed within our semi-independent services
* To fully understand the aims, objectives and ethos of Outcomes Focused Support Services and reflect these in your daily life.
* To ensure that all policies and procedures of Outcomes Focused Support Services are adhered to
* To ensure that regular opportunities are given for young people to feedback on the service and for consultation and to ensure that this information is used to improve the service
* To keep thorough, confidential and up to date young people records for effective and efficient working, using cloud based computer systems and Microsoft Office programmes
* To maintain the cleanliness of the premises
* To be involved in the assessment of young people's progress
* To attend regular meetings and supervisions to help your own professional development
* To attend training as required
* Any other tasks as required or requested by your Line Manager
For more information about our organisation, please visit our website.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 to £10.50 /hour