UK Jobs Online
Support Team Leader / Senior Support Case Worker
Location: Harrow, London
Salary: £23,287 – £26,662 per annum, DOE
Duration: Permanent, subject to continuous funding
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Are you passionate about making a difference to someone’s life?
EACH is a small-sized charity with a large impact where it matters – on local people’s lives. Our success is through our team of about 40+ staff and volunteers, who are passionate and committed to empowering and enabling people to have better health and life choices.
The Support Team Leader / Senior Support Case Worker’s main purposes include:
* To provide line management, supervision, leadership and support to the Harrow Floating Support team.
* To contribute to the implementation of the team’s aims and objectives, work plans, operational policies and procedures.
* To support the co-ordination of all activities within the Floating Support team effectively
* To maintain EACH’s standards in relation to service users/internal customers and other stakeholders alike.
* To carry a caseload of clients and lead on on-going support and direction for a number of the team’s clients through the casework management approach.
* Carry out liaison roles internally and externally to EACH.
* Providing timely and accurate information, reports and analysis
Education and Experience
* Experience and good understanding of the issues involved in delivering effective support services to a range of vulnerable people.
* Experience working with clients with alcohol and drug problems, and ex-offending background.
* Experience and understanding of supporting and supervising casework practice of support workers, trainees, students or volunteers.
* Ability to work independently using own initiative whilst remaining accountable to line management.
* Experience of providing tenancy support.
* Experience of outreach work amongst vulnerable people
* Experience of developing and implementing support plans
* Good knowledge of health and safety and housing management issues
* Good written and oral communication skills, and computer literacy.
Desirable Education, Experience and Skills:
* Ability to facilitate or lead on groups, workshops, self-help sessions
* Experience of supporting people within accommodation setting
* Experience of working with residential service accommodation providers
* Experience of working with individuals from BME communities and from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
* Experience and knowledge of working within a harm reduction framework
* Experience of working within service and contract delivery systems.
* A relevant qualification, e.g. NVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
* Ability to speak any of the following community languages: Hindi, Gujarati, Somali, Tamil, Polish
* Experience of working with the Probation Service and knowledge Crime and Disorder legislation
Deadline for applications: 9am Monday 16th December 2019
Interviews: 19th December 2019
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please