UK Jobs Online
Social Care / Support Worker
Location: Walsall, West Midlands.
Salary: £8.21 – £9.00 per hour.
Contract: Full-time, Part-time, Volunteer, Permanent.
We are looking for people who have a caring nature and a commitment to providing a high standard of care and support to adults within the community to establish and maintain daily living skills to maximise independence. The ideal candidates will be empathetic, compassionate, trustworthy, caring, respectful and resilient whilst being reliable and positive.
To work with adults for the provision of community-based adult services in the Borough of Walsall.
To provide support to both males and females.
To provide personal care, domestics, laundry, escorting duties etc.
Provide support service and support with outings for adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health issues.
What we need from you
* Candidate must be flexible to work on a rota basis over a 7-day period including weekends and evenings.
* Candidate must be able to read and write to a good standard in English.
* Driver with own vehicle preferred.
* Training and experience to NVQ/QCF/RQF Level 2 Diploma in care.
* Drivers preferred with own vehicle. (Walkers – if you are willing to walk or/use public transport as the role requires you to work community based).
* Experience/Qualification of working with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Dementia preferred.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.
* Competitive hourly rates of pay
* Paid Travel Time
* Company Pension.
* 24/7 Access to Counselling assistance (including household family members).
* Extensive training and Care Certificate.
* Coordinated calls to reduce/limit travelling to a defined postcode area.
* *Recommend a friend/customer incentives.
* Long term career development.
* Flexible hours.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. The employer has claimed an exception under the Equality Act 2010.
Previous applicants need not apply