UK Jobs Online
Senior Social Worker
We have an opportunity for a Senior Social Worker to take up a part time post in a social work service that supports one of our client care home providers. The role is for 24 hours a week over 3 days. The social work service supports vulnerable adults, their carers and families across the South East and London. This role is based in North West London and will involve supporting clients in the local area as well as central London. The service prides itself on its provision of personalised and integrated support including advice and advocacy that meets the individual needs of its clients as well as aiding community-based interventions and support groups. The service aims to promote choice, potential and independence to people facing challenges due to a variety of circumstances including ageing, mental health issues, disability or a changing situation.
As Senior Social Worker
* You work in partnership with your clients as well as voluntary and statutory services to deliver high quality personalised care. This will either be delivered by you or the team you are supervising.
* Our ideal Senior Social Worker needs to have strong stakeholder engagement skills and be competent and confident at initiating and working collaboratively to maintain networks that enhance community and social engagement for your clients.
* You will be supporting the team manager and hold a complex caseload. An interest and experience in one or more of these areas will be helpful: Dementia, disability, palliative care, family systems and carers. As Senior Social Worker you will need to demonstrate and model good practice and address any discriminatory or inappropriate practice/ behaviour in colleagues or people accessing the service.
As Senior Social Worker you need the following qualifications and experience:
* Social Work qualification (Essential)
* Registration with HCPC (Essential)
* Practice Educator qualification or similar (Desirable)
* Comprehensive experience managing a social work caseload and supervising others
* Extensive experience working with adults in a social care context is also desirable
* Experience of community and/or group work
* A UK driver's licence with access to a vehicle for work is essential for this post.
The salary for this role is circa £26,000 plus benefits, including free meals. This is for 24 hours a week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Our client is prepared to consider this role on a full or part time basis with hours worked flexibly.
For more information please send your CV in the first instance or contact Geri Walker.
The successful candidate will undergo full safeguarding and referencing checks.
Oakley Professional Recruitment are a consultancy working on this post on behalf of one of their partner clients