UK Jobs Online
An excellent opportunity to work in a permanent role as a Residential Support Worker, supporting children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural issues which have been triggered by severe traumatic experiences.
As part of a team, you will deal with the children's challenging behaviours to promote positive behaviour and gradually increase their self-esteem. You will be working to an all-embracing therapeutic model which meets the needs of each child, in all aspects of their life. Your skilled care will be supported by therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals to help the young people deal with their past experiences and enjoy a better future.
Your role as a Residential Support Worker will involve:
* Working 3 long days and two sleep in shifts per week, which will include weekend days and bank holidays on a rota basis.
* Promoting the children's physical and emotional well-being.
* Encouraging and joining in with the children in going out and taking part in a wide range of activities.
* Motivating the young people's efforts in attaining their goals.
* Dealing with challenging behaviour in a firm but fair way. Working as a team to promote positive behaviour.
* Empathising, listening and guiding.
* Help the children build safe and appropriate attachments and relationships with others.
* Being involved in mealtimes and keeping the house clean and tidy
* Keeping detailed records up to date and writing reports in a timely manner
It is essential that candidates have the following skills and experience:
* Experience of working with children aged 12 to 16 years with social, emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour
* Hold a driving licence
* Have the resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
* Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
* Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
This leading children's residential care organisation will invest in you by taking you through therapeutic training modules in order to enhance your learning and the care you can provide to the children. They provide great training which includes a two week induction and support & funding to attain Diplomas in residential childcare and management. There are also lots of career progression opportunities within this region from Senior Support Worker through to Service Manager