UK Jobs Online
£10.50 – £12/hour
We are looking for strong support staff to join a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people. Our aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care and development of the young residents.
* Competitive pay rates starting at £10.50ph
* Additional sleep in pay
* Meals on shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To maintain the development of positive childcare practice in keeping with the aims and objectives of our service.
• To provide a safe, warm and supportive environment for the young resident.
• To develop a responsible attitude with residents with regard to the fabric, furnishings,equipment, supplies and services in/or to the establishment and to support them in all domestic aspects of both their own personal space and communal areas of the establishment.
• To carry out duties in line with the company's policies and equal opportunities.
• To comply with company rules, policies and practices of the establishment and to respond to emergencies which may arise within the establishment.
• To foster and encourage, whenever appropriate contact between residents and their families.
• To promote and encourage learning by young people accommodated with our Services and to work with young people on educational activities within the programmes of education devised by the Home
• To accompany the young people on outdoor activities when required.
* To demonstrate both sensitivity and appropriate assertiveness, whilst working in a pressured environment with groups of diverse residents and staff.
• To carry out the duties of the post in a mature and responsible manner, seeking and receiving support as necessary.
• To be available on an on-call basis to cover staff at short falls and/or operational emergencies
• To physically intervene if a resident’s behaviour is dangerous to others or themselves, in accordance with procedural guidance of the establishment and relevant legislation.
• Any other duties as may be required and directed by senior staff.
• To undertake training as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Due to the specialised nature of this work candidates should be able to demonstrate their
* Understanding of the needs of adolescents/children, particularly those in care.
* A full manual driving licence is required
* Preferred candidates will preferably hold a level 3 in residential childcare or equivalent childcare qualification and/or experience of youth work or working with young children although the training will be given
Please send your CV over now to be considered