UK Jobs Online
£42000 – £45000/annum
A therapeutic IFA with a market leading reputation are looking for a Placements Manager to support and manage the fostering referrals process. This role is office based in North / Mid Kent.
You will receive enquiries from local authority customers seeking to refer children and young people to foster families for placement. This is a frontline role managing the end to end process from the initial referral through to when children are placed.
The aim of this role is to aid the growth of the IFA by placing children with suitably matched foster families. The Placements / Referrals Manager will also take the lead on overseeing and further developing the Respite and Supervised Contact process and the management of Staying Put arrangements. The role will also include line management responsibilities for members of the team.
Over view of responsibilities
* To develop and maintain professional customer relationships with Local Authorities
* To ensure vacancies across the organisation are monitored and ensure maximum occupancy of available capacity, through communication and liaison with the Regional Managers, Supervising Social Workers and Foster Parents
* Organising respite
* Overseeing Supervised Contact
* Managing Staying Put arrangements
* To ensure an efficient handover to the Out of Hours Team daily
* To triage Referrals received from Local Authorities and oversee the Referrals Assistants in placement matching
* To facilitate a seamless, quality driven process between business development and fostering delivery
You will be:
* A qualified social worker
* HCPC registered
* Possess prior experience of working within a fostering team
* Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the fostering placement referral process
* Strong organisational and time management skills
This is a full time role, 9am-5pm, office based in Kent:
Salary is to £45,000 + excellent leave and benefits
For further information around the organisation and role and a JD, please contact Harriet Connolly on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do get in touch, in confidence