UK Jobs Online
Our Client, a Local Authority in the Bradford area of West Yorkshire, currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Independent Reviewing Officer to undertake a temporary contract within the Children’s Specialist Services Department.
Within this position, you could have a caseload of up to 85-90 children, and so you will be expected to be able to manage a large caseload under pressure, and be autonomous and self-motivating, referring back to the Service Manager where complex issues need resolving.
As an Independent Reviewing Officer, your main duties will include:
* Co-ordinating and chairing looked after children’s reviews with statutory timescales
* Reviewing and monitoring the effectiveness of care plans for looked after children
* Producing outcome focused reports after each review that clearly sets out how the care plan is being implemented
* Identifying poor practise and cases where children’s needs are not being met
* Holding separate meetings with children and parents with regards to care plans
* Liaising with internal and external colleagues around the care plan of a child
In order to be considered for this position, you must have an in-depth knowledge of Care Planning Regulations and the IRO Handbook, have previous experience of working as an Independent Reviewing Officer and be HCPC registered.
Please apply as soon as possible if this position would be of interest, or contact Chloe @ Belmont Recruitment for further information