UK Jobs Online
£22000 – £28000/annum
Deputy Manager for Childrens Home Required
121 Social Care need a Deputy Manager for a Childrens Home in the Stoke on Trent area
Not only is this a challenging and rewarding position, but a great opportunity to develop in a career with children that need your support.
If you are looking for a career change, why not commit yourself to making a difference in a child’s life.
Your role will involve:
* Supporting children aged 11-18 in full time residential care.
* Be a positive and supportive Role Model for Vulnerable Children and Young People, encouraging confidence, Self Esteem and Essential Life Skills.
* Have Confidence and Patience and be able to set Boundaries for Children and Young People that may show challenging or Emotional Behaviour.
* Contribute to the Physical, Social and emotional Wellbeing to provide a Safe and Nurturing atmosphere for Children and Young People.
If the role of a Deputy sounds like the role for you then please contact us at 121 Social Care
Salary and Benefits
* Competitive Rates of Pay
* Ongoing training and development.
* Holiday Pay
* Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
* Successful candidates will be required to Undergo a Full Referencing and DBS Check
In this role the following Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge is required:
•NVQ4 in Health & Social Care
(Children & Young People)
•2 years working with EBD children within the past 5 years
•1 year at Senior Level in residential care
•Exemplary attendance and performance record
•Managing Ofsted inspections to a minimum overall ‘good’ rating
•In-depth knowledge of National Minimum Standards and Children’s Homes Regulations
•In-depth and up to date knowledge of Childcare legislation and current safeguarding legislation including Child Protection
•Awareness of Equality & Diversity and ADP matters
•Good understanding the needs of BESD Children including strategies used to manage challenging behaviour
•Commercial awareness, taking into account the needs of the business, our Local Authority partners, the Home and the needs of the young people
If you are interested and require more details, please contact us ASAP