UK Jobs Online
£40000 – £50000/annum + Car & Excellent Benefits Package
Our client one of the UK’s leading children's specialist education and behavioural health service providers. They look after 4,500 service users and employ circa 10,000 people across a portfolio of facilities located in England and Wales.
Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting for a Compliance & Regulation Manager – for their Specialist Services.
Based from home –with extensive travel nationally including time at our client’s HQ in Potters Bar, this role will support the regulatory, compliance and assurance across the Group wide specialist portfolio. The post is established to provide professional regulatory advice to the Group and will support the compliance and regulation function for the specialist portfolio nationally and will lead on corporate specialist functions, for example accountable officer for controlled drugs.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance and Regulation (Adults), you will work closely with colleagues in operations to establish and maintain strong relationships with all relevant external regulators and to provide expert advice and assistance in all care matters in specialist services.
The post holder will have a key role in supporting the clinical governance structure and play a key role in supporting an effective health & safety culture across the Group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide expert compliance advice and technical support on the managing of quality assurance, inspection and audit practices to provide assurance of the on-going quality and safety of all the Group’s adult services.
* To be an expert voice on innovative, best practice in clinical, mental health & specialist social care.
* Supporting delivery of statutory responsibilities under H&S legislation
* Support the Director of Compliance & Regulation in providing Group wide expertise on specialist delegated responsibilities such as policy leadership on controlled drugs, adult safeguarding, physical restraint, infection control ( this list is not exhaustive).
* Working with C&R colleagues on governance, risk and regulation matters across the specialist services.
* To share best practice to enhance the reputation of the Group as a high quality provider of care, across the range of the Group’s services.
* To establish strong relationships with all regulators and enhance the quality of all communications with regulatory bodies including; responding to inspection findings, supporting registration activity, supporting or undertaking safeguarding investigations when appropriate.
* To support the Clinical Director for Children’s services in assurance and quality activities.
* Support the timely and robust investigation and response to concerns or complaints.
* Provide advice on relevant policies and procedures as they pertain to specialist services, for example medications management, physical health care.
* To advise on the processes and procedures that ensure the safety and welfare of all adults served by the Company. To champion strong and effective safeguarding practice across the Group.
* To work closely with operational teams and support senior managers and the Executive to drive continual quality improvement within the Company and to provide ongoing support and monitoring to ensure compliance and improvement against regulation and good practice guidance
* To provide the Compliance & Regulation Director with regular service reports on progress with improving standards and compliance, learning from practice, safeguarding concerns and to analyse quality assurance patterns and trends across all services
* To urgently advise the Compliance & Regulation Director of any emergency safeguarding issues and support the Managing Director in the investigation and embedding all learning from all adult safeguarding incidents.
* Attendance as required by the Director Compliance & Regulation, at national forums/events in order to promote learning and adoption of best practice service and quality models across adult services
* Any other duties commensurate with the role.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* A clinical qualification ( nursing, pharmacy, psychology) highly desirable
* Experience of working in a relevant regulatory organisation is highly desirable
* Previous experience of working in the same or a similar role in either a provider environment of similar size and complexity
* An understanding of regulation, quality and contemporary adult services provision
* An up to date knowledge and expertise in mental health, learning disability or ABI and relevant legislation
* A relevant professional qualification or training highly desirable
* Expertise or qualifications in audit or investigation practice would be advantageous
* Candidates must be prepared to travel extensively, often at short notice to services nationwide
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only applicants matching the job criteria will be responded to.