UK Jobs Online
£18210 – £20526/annum
Fulbridge Social Care is a specialist care consultancy, we have a dedicated permanent recruitment team and provide staff that are trained and vetted to care, and education providers nationwide.
The children’s home is situated between Mildenhall and Lakenheath, in the Forest Health District which borders onto Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. It’s a 5 bedded home for males and females aged 8-18 with EBD primary diagnoses, with other complex needs associated. The home seeks to provide a safe and understanding ethos in which the young person can be assisted to address their behaviours and to take responsibility for their own actions. The emphasis of the work is by way of intervention and to challenge inappropriate behaviour through a holistic therapeutic approach.
The home also has a smallholding where we keep a few animals, staff and young people help to look after these.
Our Support Worker roles offer a salary of £7.94 – £9.55 (£18,210-£20,526)
* Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviours are addressed promptly and sensitively.
* Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of reports including care plans
* Support young people in daily activities both within the home and out in the community that help promote their independence and social behaviour.
Prompting personal hygiene
Completing house chores such as keeping their rooms tidy
Preparing snacks and meals (cooking)
Engaging in positive play & activities.
* Transferable skills and experience to support young people with complex needs and/or challenging behaviours
* A full UK driving licence is essential, due to the responsibilities of the role.
* Fully paid training for your diploma in Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce
* Accessible progression routes to other roles such as social work, management and leadership, education and therapy roles
* 39 hours per week, including sleep-in’s
* All job offers are subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks