UK Jobs Online
Are you an experienced Support Worker looking to work with local authority to provide care to adults as part of a Care Team and to improve the quality of life of each individual residing in the home? Well we are in need of an off shore support worker in Stornoway with all travel expenses and accomodation paid for!
What Randstad can offer?
* Opportunity for immediate start (subject to referencing and checks)
* Dedicated consultant to help provide you with the ideal role
* Flexibility that works for you
* An excellent £300 candidate referral scheme
* SSSC Endorsement
* Free In-House training with access to multiple online modules, to help develop upon current skills and qualities
* Chance to have an Employee Discount Scheme in place
The successful Support Worker will be responsible for:
* To assist in the personal, physical, social and emotional care of residents
* To liaise with community and health care services as appropriate.
* To be aware of the effects and opportunities of group living on residents and recognise the personal rights and dignity of the individual.
* To encourage and promote social interactions within resident groups.
* Where appropriate to be responsible for the safety and care of the residents' belongings.
* To provide and maintain accurate records such as care plans, reviews reports and case notes.
* To attend full staff and care group staff meetings, participate in staff support systems and training where appropriate.
* To take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others whilst at work.
* To co-operate with managers and local authority to ensure compliance with safety regulations and the Adult Services Policy and Procedure for Health and Safety.
In order to be considered for this post, you must be:
* Educated to SVQ 3 or HNC level or ability to establish competency at this level
* Experience with dealing with vulnerable clients in a supportive setting
* Have effective and efficient communication skills to allow for communication with colleagues, adults and families
* Respectable interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and awareness of self and others
* Have a compassionate attitude and empathetic understanding
As you can imagine these roles will be very popular, so move quickly to avoid disappointment. If you would like to apply or want more information please submit your CV or call us on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing