UK Jobs Online
BEAUTY PRODUCT DEVELOPER (Senior)
A Trend driven and innovative beauty, skincare & wellness business with an expanding portfolio of brands.
With extensive Beauty NPD experience, you will be working closely with the PD, Creative and Technical teams to create, develop and deliver new product for our Beauty and Wellbeing brands for our Tier 1 global retailers, driving constant innovation to attract and appeal our target Millennial consumers. Excelling in beauty innovation and formulation R&D, you will be responsible for the day to day concept generation, development and critical path for our core beauty launches.
Communicating and working in partnership with our Directors of Sales in the UK and USA, and with other business functions such as Marketing and Demand Planning, to deliver innovative product, compliant with relevant legislation and delivered within agreed timeframe.
* Manage the delivery of innovative new products from concept to our DC, in line with Brand DNA and range architecture strategy.
* Be the first point of contact for anyone in the business regarding product queries.
* Analyse the market for new product development opportunities. Monitor blogs, vlogs, beauty retailers (bricks and mortar and online) and trade publications for the latest beauty activity and trends. Carries awareness of all competitors and has a good understanding of the beauty industry in EU, US and International markets.
* Present ideas for new product ranges, demonstrating commercial awareness by suggesting supply base, target costs/retails and target customers.
* Drive R&D in formulations and ingredients, plus innovation in packaging.
* Manage the Vendor service level, obtaining & negotiating cost prices, MOQs, leadtimes and payment terms.
* On-going collaboration, training and communication with Sales team on any product developments which may have direct impact on their customers.
* With Technical team carry out user trial and feasibility assessments on all new product ideas to ensure they are viable for production. Participate in discussions with Director as to what changes are required and ultimately contribute to decision as to whether product goes into production.
* Work with the Design and Technical department to develop products, packaging and copy that fits the brief.
* Proactively manage other functions of the business which have direct impact on the critical path to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Confidently make commercial decisions timescales without prompting to ensure product meets margin targets and is delivered on time.
* Ensure factories are fully briefed on product concept and dealing with daily queries and questions. Responding to all factory emails daily.
* Speaking to Vendors daily on the phone to chase up urgent queries.
* Critical path management – full understanding of the critical dates, liaising with suppliers, factories, technical team, design team and demand planning to proactively plan ahead to meet all dates.
* Daily management of product details available on range presenters, range plans and on Navision (internal software).
* Maintaining product master spreadsheet to ensure all factory and product information is up to date. Responsible for obtaining and understanding BOM’s, factory audits and new supplier set up documentation.
* Confident to raise concerns with Technical Team and Senior Management if issue arises, offering solutions where possible.
* Propose correct pricing of lines to Director to meet margin expectations and be in line with market (US and EMEA). Able to adjust trade pricing accordingly.
* Managing new line set up; support Demand Planning team in completing Order Activator sheets and New Item Card for raising purchase orders.
* Daily management of NPD new launch tracker capturing and communicating progress on every line.
* Ensure sample availability to Sales; pre-production lab samples and componentry for mock-ups and shipment samples.
* Collaborate with the in-house Technical team to ensure all requirements are met for specified markets.
* Write defect checklists for Pre Shipment inspections.
* Manage outcomes of PSIs – updating system and managing any negative outcomes with factories to ensure minimal impact on the ex-factory date.
* Attend key customer meetings with Sales team to present new ranges and customer insights. Offer ideas and solutions in meeting to meet needs of customer whilst remaining commercial