UK Jobs Online
£22000 – £24000/annum
Ruislip, Greater London.
Caron Group is a family of care homes across mid and south Wales. Our ethos is to provide quality care and ensure that privacy, dignity and choice for our residents is at the core of everything we do. We have been operating in the care sector for seventeen years and specialise in residential, nursing and dementia care for older people. We are currently undergoing an exciting chapter in our growth and are looking for dedicated individuals to join us on this journey.
The group’s strength is attributable to our team of highly motivated, passionate and dedicated staff. We invest in exceptional talent and our people share a commitment to success that is second to none. This energy is harnessed to deliver the highest levels of relationship-centred care. We are committed to supporting our staffs’ continuous professional development throughout their careers, through the provision of formal training and development opportunities. The group offers a friendly family culture and supportive environment of teamwork, respect and integrity where everyone makes a valued contribution.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-qualified Assistant Accountant to join our busy yet friendly Finance Team at the Group Central Support in Ruislip. This individual will report to the Head of Department and will play a key role in the operational function of the Finance Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
* Running purchase ledger including invoice posting, reconciliations and payment runs.
* Entering payments in Sage Line 50.
* Calculating and posting journals for various accruals and prepayments.
* Resolving external and internal queries.
* A significant role in the quarter end process, including ownership of specific areas of the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
* Identifying opportunities to continuously improve financial systems and processes and implement these changes.
* Producing ad-hoc reports to communicate financial performance to management.
* Various other ad-hoc duties within the finance department.
* Part-qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good time management skills.
* Flexible approach to tasks and teamwork.
* Detail orientated, analytical, problem solving.
* Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, to prioritise work load and deliver accurate information on time to a high standard.
* A proactive individual who takes ownership of their tasks.
* Open, friendly person who is keen to develop and work as part of a team.
* An understanding of and adherence to Caron Group’s ethos.
* Full time – 40 hours a week.
* Salary – £22,000 – £24,000 Per Annum dependent on experience.
* Salary Sacrifice Schemes. e.g. Workplace Nursery; Cycle to work etc.
* EAP – Support with Financial Well-being and Mental Well-being.
* Health Cash Plans.
* Discounted Gym Memberships, Top High Street Discounts, Supermarket Discounts.
* Cash bonuses for introducing friends to the company.
Employees also benefit from:
* Free high quality training towards your professional continuous development.
* Mentoring / support with your development.
* Career progression throughout a range of departments within the company, both clinical and non-clinical roles